ӣɬ has been ranked among 30 Best Colleges for Students with Learning Disabilities.


Disability Chair Lift

Our disability chair lift is located between the ground level of the Classroom Building (#5 on the campus map viewable here) and the first floor of the Science Building (#6 on the campus map viewable here).


Student Accessibility Services

The University’s Student Accessibility Services implements the University’s policy and procedures for students with qualifying disabilities.

For information about accessibility services, please contact the Student Accessibility Services Specialist, Alex Grant at 513-244-4623 or email studentaccessibilityservices@msj.edu

For complaints arising out of the University’s handling of any student’s request for or implementation of an accommodation, modification, or access plan pursuant to the Student Disability Accommodation Policy and/or compliance with its responsibilities under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, students are encouraged to consult with the Student Accessibility Services Specialist at 513- 244-4623 or studentaccessibilityservices@msj.edu.  Pursuant to the Student Disability Accommodation Grievance Procedures, formal grievances should be filed with the Director of the Wellness Center at 513-244-4738 or wellness.center@msj.edu.


Section 504 Disability Accommodation Policy and Services

ӣɬ (the “University”) offers accommodations and modifications to qualified students with documented disabilities at no charge to allow them full access to and participation at the University as set forth in its Student Disability Accommodation Policy and Grievance Procedure.  This policy supports the University’s commitment to complying with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008, and embodies the University’s long-standing mission to ensure the inclusion of all members of its community.

The disability accommodations and modifications provided by the University to qualified students, as well as the various processes for applying for disability accommodations and modifications, are set forth in detail in the policy and include the following:

  • Procedure for requesting and implementing academic accommodations;
  • Residence Hall accommodation procedure;
  • Emotional support animal procedure for Residence Hall only;
  • Leniency in attendance accommodation procedure;
  • Service animals procedure; and,
  • Temporary illness, injury, pregnancy and related condition modification procedure.

The eligibility of a student to receive Section 504 academic accommodations and modifications at no charge depends on the nature of the disability, its impact on the particular student, and requires recent and relevant documentation from a qualified professional as stated in the policy.   The University also provides qualified students with advocacy assistance on disability-related issues.


Website Accessibility Concerns

ӣɬ works to ensure individuals with a wide-range of abilities have equal access to the Mount's web content. To sustain a universally acceptable web presence, the website team provides ongoing compliance updates.

To report accessibility issues directly, please contact Jacqueline Roberts at Jacqueline.Roberts@msj.edu or call 513-244-3213

To speak to our Senior HR Generalist, please contact Ashley Barnett at AshleyA.Barnett@msj.edu or call 513-244-4861

Project EXCEL Academic Support System

Students whose primary disability is a specific learning disability and/or ADHD may apply to participate in Project EXCEL. Project EXCEL is a fee-for-service program that addresses the needs of students through a comprehensive academic support system that extends beyond the requirements of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended in 2008. Acceptance into Project EXCEL is not automatic. Only students who have been admitted to the University may apply to participate in Project EXCEL.


FERPA Waiver Form

  • FERPA Waiver Form - If a student would like to share their academic information with a parent or guardian, please complete the FERPA form.